One of the oldest homes in Macon, this residence has been altered and enlarged many times but retains its symmetrical Federal ﬂoor plan. Delightful Victorian embellishments include a one-story front porch and bay window. Among its 22 rooms is a modern two-story glass solarium in the rear. This house was originally owned by James A. Ralston whose family enterprise, Ralston Hall, was Macon’s best theater for much of the 19th century. In 1890 Alonzo D. Schoﬁeld, one of the founders of Schoﬁeld Iron Works, bought the property and it remained in the family for more than 80 years. His daughter, Miss Gladys Schoﬁeld, was a talented landscape architect who studied in France. The grounds retain much of her design and original plantings.
1074 Georgia Avenue is stop 3 on the Lights on Macon tour.