This property was once part of a larger tract purchased by the Ellis family in 1877. Although there may have been an earlier house on this property, the first reference in the Macon city directories to a resident at this location was in 1878 when Wesley deHaven, who was employed by J. W. Burke & Co., publishers and printers, lived here. Like many of the houses on Magnolia Street this residence was built on parts of two smaller lots which were narrower than those shown today. Notice the fine detailing on the porch with flat-cut columns, delicate spandrels and cut-work balustrade.
1030 Magnolia Street is stop 78 on the Lights on Macon tour.