It appears that this cottage may originally have been a rear one-story ell of a large house that sat at the corner of Orange and Bond Streets, facing Orange Street. That house was removed c. 1909 when the Coleman family purchased the property and commissioned Neel Reid to design the brick house that now sits at left of this cottage. It is understood that he also designed the façade of this house. The first reference to it in the Macon city directories is in 1912 when Mrs. Hilsman lived here. Notice the dormer windows enclosing fan lights and the pair of double French doors giving access to the front porch.
1126 Bond Street is stop 108 on the Lights on Macon tour.