The Lee Alumni House was originally a one-story cottage. The second story was added years later. One of the earliest owners was Judge Charles Bartlett, a Superior Court judge and United States Congressman. During Bartlett’s ownership in 1909 President Taft delivered a speech from the porch to Mercer students, faculty and Macon citizens. In 1961 the house was rehabilitated for use as Mercer University’s Alumni House and named after Dr. W. G. Lee, a Mercer University alumnus and member of the Board of Trustees.
1270 Ash Street is stop 56 on the Lights on Macon tour.