Built as a residence for John C. Holmes, the owner of a candy factory. Later it was the headquarters for the Pilot Club International, a civic organization for executive and business women, which was founded in Macon in 1921 and now has clubs in North America and several foreign countries. It was returned to residential use in 2006. Notice the embossed metal frieze and ﬁnely carved columns with Corinthian capitals. The interior features a ﬁne stained glass window and beautiful parquet ﬂooring.
244 College Street is stop 21 on the Lights on Macon tour.