This house was built by a well-known local cotton merchant. In 1910 his son inherited the house and undertook renovations in the Classic Revival style. The original cupola was removed and the balustraded porches were enlarged to create one wrap-around porch supported by Georgia marble columns with ceramic capitals. The beveled glass doors, also a 1910 addition, are especially noteworthy.
348 College Street is stop 11 on the Lights on Macon tour.