Drewry R. Malone, a grocer and later a horseshoer, was the first owner of this property. In 1911 Mrs. M. L. Price, widow of former Mayor of Macon Sylvester B. Price, purchased the house. The front facade, which had featured a bay window and a one-story porch, was altered to its present configuration in the early 20th century, probably at the time Mrs. Price purchased the house. Notice the diamond-shaped detailing on the windows and front door.
963 High Street is stop 112 on the Lights on Macon tour.